Friday 21 June 2013

Shin Knee


THIS world-class Megalopolis has left me drooling and daydreaming about the 'this-young-but-old' appeal. Shin knee-- that's how most of its people say the place they're from. You have an idea what I am talking about.


In Adelaide Airport, I yelled "Yes!" inside me when I saw that our flight bound to Sydney was delayed. For the first time ever, I've bought a ticket with insurance, for delayed or cancelled flights-- then I checked again, it was only a 10-minute delay and now I'm not sure if it's worth the lodging for.





When in Sydney Airport, don't trust Google Maps, one thing for sure. Just follow the signs. I have never been in any of Sydney's railway chaos. Same platform, many trains, double deckers. Cray! Well, it's a world city, hello. Hello. The view of Circular Quay from the train is pretty, it's like being in the industrial edge of a paradise.



Dragging a luggage trolley in the peak hour at Sydney CBD felt so wrong in many ways. Then, for the second time, depending on Google Maps to get us to our destination. It's not a planned city, so getting lost has 250% chance likely to happen. Out of 4.6 million, when Google Maps said we're few metres to our final destination, we met our host and we're taken to their luxurious penthouse apartment. Sydney is fabulous, in so many ways.





Photogenic sights never to run out here. Every angle I turn, I want to be a total shutter bug asian tourist. I am, anyway.


It's like an open sewer with Chinese restaurants in prettified avenues. Photogenic in many ways. Old but young. Where the city meets the sea. Shops open longer than our little sleepy town of Adelaide. City people with minds, though most are corporate zombies commuting to and fro work. There's life here, because there's Luna Park.



The Opera House is like Imelda Marcos, looks old but is still fabulous, or should I use the Queen as an allusion? I like how for brief little times, I can live in the lifestyle of an Upper East Sider, but only Sydney CBD style. The fancy loft, the nice rides, the gourmet restaurants.


 Hello, Sydney, marry me like a mail order bride. Just like Sydney, I wonder if the song Jessie's Girl is an old or a new song. Whichever, it's a good.

No comments :

Post a Comment