Friday 5 July 2013

Japanese Jeans

There's a place that we know that will just always be there but we'd always run for, especially when you don't know what time your train comes or if you do, you know it's about to leave. Meeting in the Adelaide Railway Station was the point for our monthly sibling dinner dates. I like this train station, it's apparently also designed having the New York Central Railway Station as the inspiration when it was constructed in the mid-20th Century to replace the less-appealing predecessor.

 JUST JEANS :: 
Jacket MADE IN  THE PHILIPPINES Shirt TURTLE NECK MADE IN CHINA 
 Pants OP SHOP  Slip-ons KMART Bag GARAGE SALE

It was quite a chilly night and my fashion sense is basically 'anything under $10', so presenting this. I got the bag, for only $2.20. I found in this hopeless garage sale, well, they were literal. They were selling pots, garden tools and all that. Then on the table, I found the bag. Priced at $3, with full enthusiasm, I said I'll take it. I grabbed my wallet only to realise I have a two-dollar coin and a twenty cent coin, although I was willing to pay the asking price, I budged it down 80 cents.

Thinking turning Japanese? I have exciting news. If you're big on sushi or grilled chicken or ice cream or seafood or more sushi, there's a place in Adelaide that gives that all. The best bit is, they will literally give it all-- unlimited. The catch is, you have to order the heap of goodness within two hours. It's only $29 per person, which is real good considering if you haven't eaten the whole day in preparation.


They have the full effect of a Japanese restaurant, with cosplaying waitstaff and the mind-boggling Japanese architectural dining tables. There's also this fire pit that can serve as a heater while you wait for your orders to be taken. Help yourself with the drinks, it's unlimited. Worry not.
 


Just like any other restaurant, you order what is pleasing to your palettes, except you don't have to individually look at the prices or get stuck with one dish or course. In this secret place at the rear (winky face), there's authentic Yakiniku, that's Japanese-style barbeque! Go wacky, order some Octopus and try not to eat it medium-rare. It's really a terrible medium-rare experience. You cook it infront of you, so you know there's no msg (Ajinomoto is Japanese) added, like most cheeky takeaway shops do. Cook it the way you want, as what Captain Obvious announces here.



Once again, it's unlimited. Eat as many sushi or takoyaki as you can. I wasn't able to take many photos because it is implied what I was doing the whole time.

 
 

Sushi = Unlimited. I repeat, unlimited. It's like Sushi Train but it's like a freight train that goes for two hours, non-stop. Depends with your capacity. So, if you're planning to fast for the day and have a massive dinner, Ginza Japanese Restaurant at 48 Unley Road should do it. Don't forget to check the opening hours, but ideally get a reservation at (08) 8357 3888, so you get a table because this promo is really popular.

 

x :: L 

Ginza Restaurant, Unley
Food 4.5 Service 4 Ambience 5

No comments :

Post a Comment